Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I'm Activated!

And now for the big day we've all been waiting for:  activation!  Tom and Noah went with me to experience it all first-hand.  While there were a lot of things that happened during my visit that I could talk about, I will cut right to the chase and get to the point where my cochlear implant was turned on and I could hear.

Tom took a series of short videos (all roughly a minute or less) and I've been trying to get them pieced together so there would only be one.  I've exhausted my time and energy on it today and since I know I have friends and family anxious to watch them, I'll just post them separately.  They are in sequential order, starting with the first time I heard someone speaking, the audiologist.




Tom talks to me to see if I can understand him






Nails clicking on desktop are crisp and clear

Can you hear me?

Everyone sounds like a high-pitched computer voice

No comments:

Post a Comment