Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Welcome to I Hear Ya!

As I have gotten older I've learned to care less and less what people think of me.  I've become more open with sharing what daily life is like when you have a hearing loss. According to the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA), 48 million Americans report some degree of hearing loss.  Yikes, that's a lot of people.  Most likely you know someone who falls into this category.  Or maybe that someone is you.

The last couple of years I've been thinking about getting a cochlear implant.  Now the time has come.  On October 29 I will be getting implanted in my left ear.  I am going bionic and I'm excited!  And a little nervous and anxious.  I don't expect to have long nails by the time the day arrives. 

From the encouragement of others, I decided to start this blog in hopes it serves as an educational tool for those that are curious about my hearing journey or are experiencing hearing loss themselves. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment